Install the required Windows update:
Go to support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838
to download the platform update for Windows 7 SP1 (KB2670838). This is a required update for SMART software as unexpected results can occur if the requirements are not met.Caution:
Read the above article thoroughly as other steps might be required beyond installing the Windows update. Please contact your local IT support for help installing this update if your encounter issues.
Update your SMART Notebook software
- Download SMART Notebook 17 software
- Install SMART Notebook 17 software and any other required software.
If you choose not to install the required Windows update, and continue to manually install SMART Notebook software, you might experience the following symptoms:
- The eraser leaves bubbles or circles behind it when you erase.
- Moving objects around the screen leaves a trail.
- When you type text, nothing appears until you click another area and stop typing.
- When creating a shape, it leaves a trail as the shape is created.
- The screen shade doesn't reveal what is hidden underneath.
If you experience any of these symptoms, confirm you have installed the Windows 7 platform update listed above.