What is the required network bandwidth when using SMART Room Systems with Skype for Business (formerly Microsoft Lync)?A:
SMART Room Systems with Skype for Business is an end-point for a Microsoft Skype for Business network. The network bandwidth requirements vary depending on network conditions at the time of Skype for Business (or Lync) meetings. For information about bandwidth planning, see the Microsoft TechNet document Plan network requirements for Skype for Business 2015
Skype for Business (or Lync) meetings on a Skype for Business Room System can include several data streams, including any of the following:
- One or more inbound audio stream.
- On or more outbound audio stream.
- One or more inbound video stream.
- One or more outbound video stream.
- Video stream resolutions up to 1920×1080.
- Up to five simultaneous inbound video streams.
- Media content streams for application or screen sharing.
- Meeting control data streams (RTCP).
Therefore at least 20 Mbps (or more) network bandwidth should be available between the room system endpoint and the Skype for Business servers, when in a Skype for Business meeting for best results.